Sunday, December 6, 2009

An update :)

So here are a few things that Dave and I have been up to lately:

We got back from Tennessee in the beginning of August, just in time for Dave to start a semester at Mesa Community College. I searched high and low for a job and just when it seemed that we weren't going to make another month with out asking for help, I got a job.

I started as the afternoon receptionist for a loss mitigation company called Loan Resolution Corporation. What we do is work with large mortgage companies and we facilitate their short sales.
Short Sales are, by Wiki definition "A sale of real estate in which the sale proceeds fall short of the balance owed on the property's loan. It often occurs when a borrower cannot pay the mortgage loan on their property, but the lender decides that selling the property at a moderate loss is better than pressing the current debtor. Both parties consent to the short sale process, because it allows them to avoid foreclosure, which involves hefty fees for the bank and poorer credit report outcomes for the borrower."

Because we facilitate these for home owners all over the United States we are under a contract to have someone at the office to answer the phones from 5:30am to 5:30pm. that is WAY to long for one person to work and so there are two shifts, 5:30am-noon and 11:00am to 5:30pm with an hour of overlap. Fortunately/Unfortunately I was chosen for the afternoon shift. Fortunately because thats REALLY early to wake up, especially since I have a 30-45 min commute but unfortunately because not only did the afternoon shift stick me in evening traffic, but by the time I got home, it felt like I'd been away all day.

Then, after about a month of working there I was offered a chance to apply for a full-time position that they had just created. So I went for it, and was offered the position. I make really decent money and now that I'm someone completely trained, I'm busy most of the time. What I do is just mostly double checking that a request for an appraisal or payoff or a credit report is valid so we don't waste company money. I also make sure that when any of those things comes back, that it gets to the right person in a timely manner.

Dave is just finishing up his semester. He took Latin (to help him out with all of those fun medical terms) and psychology. And other then that, he's been learning how to be a house husband now that I'm the bread winner. He enjoys having a sugar mama :) For now anyway.

We both have callings in the ward, I'm a Beehive advisor and he's in working with the Varsity Scouts. Mutual is on Wednesday nights and that is when he has Latin so he hasn't been able to go but Latin officially ended this last week so he gets to go this week.
The ward is so great and the Bishop definitely understands that everyone needs a calling to be involved and so there are 3 advisors for the Beehives, plus the 2nd Councilor in the YW presidency and there are only like 6 girls (which is big for beehives but theres a leader for almost every one of them). But one of the leaders, (whos husband just happens to be the current Varsity Scout advisor) is working on buying a house in time for their baby to be born so, we're kind of the fill ins for when they leave.

So yeah, thats what we've been up to lately. :)

No comments: